Wednesday 28 August 2013

Just for you!

Hi everyone.

I'm back with a very special card I've finished this morning.  When you see this card, those of you who is familiar with my usual style, will immediately know that this card is ages away from what I usually do!!  But I have to admit;  I had tons of pleasure creating this card!!

My very dear friend, Sharon, from Cape Town, makes the most beautiful girly cards.  (You can visit her blog HERE and enjoy her work.)  Well, the story is that Sharon has been so kind to send me some lovely crafty goodies a while ago.  Amongst the goodies were some stamped images of some of her lovely Magnolia stamps.  For quite some time now, I've been wanting to color some of these images, but I just never got to doing it - always something else to do!!  Well, last night I decided to take the time to color one of the images, but the problem is I don't have any Copics Markers or anything similar.  I had to settle for the ordinary cheap stuff coloring pencils we used to use at school way back when I was still in school!!  But boy, did I have some fun!!  As a little girl I LOVED coloring books and I still enjoy it as much as when I was small!  I tried to do a bit of shading and blending (with my finger!!  LOL!), but the result is (understandably) not near to the lovely work you can do with Copics.  Any way, I decided that I have to share this special card with you.  The bg paper was amongst a lovely selection of papers Sharon has included in her parcel.  I've added some doileys, a bow, some flowers and the sentiment and there it is! 


(The sentiment is in Afrikaans and says:  'Just for you').

I must admit that, although not my usual style, I do like this card and I'm going to send it to a special little girl in Cape Town.  I know that she will love it!

Off to see what I can do for supper tonight!  Some days cooking is fun, but today I'm not in the mood for spending time in the kitchen - I would rather do some coloring of another image!!

Have a super afternoon and thanks for spending time with me!
Kind regards
Petra



  

3 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a sweet card Petra! You did a great job coloring the darling image! Love the pretty bow and sweet little flowers!

Sharon said...

Hi Petra, I just LOVE your Magnolia card. It is absolutely stunning. You have done an amazing job with your colouring pencils girl! I look forward to seeing more of these from you. Beautiful layout and design. Thanks for the mention. Just let me know when you need some more and I'll post them in a jiffy. Love and hugs Sharon xx

stampingbowd said...

This is so sweet!!! It might not be your usual style but you are a pro at working outside of your style because this is fabulous! I love the pretty flower embellishment too!